Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Part II

It happened not once but twice.

The smell wafting through the bathroom was obnoxious. Of course, this is nothing to be upset about. One has to do what one has to do - and the bathroom is the one place in a house where one can just let oneself go. I don't care to make anyone in my family anal retentive so I just shrug my shoulders and say, "ugh."

However, the smell got worse - and it got stronger the closer I came to the toilet. Sniff. Sniff. My nose was honing in on the source. I'm definitely next to the toilet. I peer in. Nothing there. It stinks. Something is stinking. I look over to the sink, my eyes glancing over the garbage can on their way over. My eyes rivet back to the garbage can. There is a lot of paper wadded up in there. Something is amiss. It didn't look that way this morning. I lean over and peer closely. There is a brown smear on one.

I hear the screeching of violins in my head. My vision goes telephoto and then pan, telephoto and pan. I am horrified. Somone, THE PLASTER MAN perchance, has tossed their used t.p. in the garbage. Whoever has done this is either passive aggressive or else has such a huge butt that they thought they got the paper in the pot when they actually got it in the can. Both of which fit the Plaster Man.

After fishing the paper out with a robotic arm and disinfecting the garbage can with Lysol (which, by the way, smells just as bad as human waste), I ponder what to do to prevent THAT from ever happening again. One vision was just walking out to Plaster Man and asking him to please be sure he gets his t.p. in the toilet. I feel a little uncomfortable doing that. So, I decide to let it go and don't say anything.

And then, it happened again. Same m.o. Stink. Dirty paper in the garbage can. This time I am too angry to talk to the Plaster Man. I make a sign and put it on the toilet for all to read: "Please be sure toilet paper falls in the toilet and not next to or in the garbage can." That's a priceless piece of signage - I can tell you that.

It worked. The man can read. I guess he didn't know he was doing it. Can ya imagine that?

p.s. I'm getting a new garbage can tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment