Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Fancy Glass

I beg of you. Anyone reading this out there who is a chef and lives in the New York tri-state area and wants to relocate please come to Santa Cruz, CA. Pleeeeeese. There are lots of people here who want to shower you with money if you can serve delicious food, professionally, in a warm and inviting atmosphere. You must come to Santa Cruz County and try our restaurant food to truly understand. I now know why the people here are such good cooks themselves and just stay home to buy local and eat local.

I have had pasta primavera served that used melted velveeta cheese. When mussels or clams are served, we are expected to use our table fork. One of our "fine" restaurants wants us to use our meat knives to cut the cheese. When requested to put my cab. in a proper red glass, I am told I want "the fancy glass." The other day it was "the big glass."

Etiquette? Please. Some examples: owner chefs are grumpy and they are allowed out of the kitchen, pot smoke seeps from the kitchen into the dining room, and posing waiters are de rigour for us desperate "hoi polloi" in search of just a simple dinner out.

Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment